Dosh Spot

We Maplers are Utilized to grinding for everything

Started by Cszcy, June 01, 2018, 03:52:20 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Cszcy

Maple has a great deal of events in which you do some replicated task for "a chance to get" something good. We are having it today with the Hunter's Club and Cassandra's Special Chocolate. We had MS2 Mesos previously together with the Dark Lords of Doom, and in a slightly different way with all the Madhouse event (not a random payoff but arbitrary features in the maze).

It's very frustrating to do these events diligently each and every single day, and end up with nothing worthwhile. We Maplers are used to grinding for all, but grinding for nothing is simple torture. My proposal is that these events will need to be designed in such a way that in case you do them to the best of your skill, you're guaranteed a fantastic reward.

There are lots of ways to do so: Just give out the reward after some number of unsuccessful tries. For instance, Cassandra should give you the chair (instead of a candy) when you have tried long enough. For another instance, for the Hunter's Club, when you complete your 150th race, Shimo should inform you, "Wow, you are really good at this! For that, I'll allow you to choose among my paintings," and allow you to pick a single product.

Give some kind of token for each completed job,cheapest Maplestory 2 Mesos   and allow buying any of the rewards (in a unique shop) if you have amassed enough tokens. This can be refined into committing not a single token, but some number of these, based on how mean RNG was to you. As an instance, for your Hunter's Club, every Rabbit thing comes with 4 "disappointment coins", Dogs come with two, Hogs using 1, and anything better than that gives no coins at all. Increase the odds of finding the reward with each unsuccessful try, until you are guaranteed to get the good rewards on the last day if you did the occasion daily and haven't gotten them yet.

Go Up